WIP: Corvette C4 ZR-1 ’90 – Update #6

I've made some progress since last time -- the car is already exported to game. I've been working on the exterior textures and detailing. Lately, I made the lights, and I'm quite satisfied with the result.

There's still a whole lot to be done -- the interior is still not mapped and even still missing some meshes, like the doors for example.

WIP: Corvette C4 ZR-1 ’90 – Update #5

I'm finishing up the interior of the Corvette. It is one of the most complicated parts I've ever modeled, because there are a lot of vents, details and tricky places. Without any blueprints or actual measurements, I think it is close enough to the real thing.

There are a few more things left to do, such as the doors and other minor details and then I will start mapping the car.

WIP: Corvette C4 ZR-1 ’90 – Update #4

The exterior is almost complete, some minor details are left to model apart from the undercarriage. Since the rear end of the Corvette is quite high and exposes the exhaust and suspension, I need to model the undercarriage in greater detail than usual. After I'm done with the exterior, I will continue with the interior.

In the meantime, A3DR has completed most of the modeling and texturing of the Dodge Viper RT/10. Go check it out @ racedepartment.

WIP: Corvette C4 ZR-1 ’90 – Update #2

I've mode some steady progress recently -- I've finalized the base shape and started to cut and optimize the body.

I've also modeled the wheels.

Update #3 (March 8): progress is a little slow, been cutting holes. Did the front and rear lights, doors and other panel gaps.

WIP: Corvette C4 ZR-1 ’90 – Update #1

I've started a new 3d modeling project -- the 1990 Corvette C4 ZR-1, that was part of The Need For Speed (1996). I'm modeling it as part of TNFS mod for Assetto Corsa.

The C4 Corvette is one of my favorite Corvettes of all time and the ZR-1 version is a more powerful and refined version of the base C4. There exists two versions of the C4 ZR-1 -- the first one released in 1990 had the nose design from the original C4, while later they used refined nose design, among other things.

Currently, I'm still adjusting and tweaking the shape, trying to get the proportions right. Once I've finalized the general shape (and collapsed the smoothing modifier), I will start cutting and adding detail.